To win the Lottery is remarkable, but to win after seven months of un-won draws is just incredible. A smallRead more
EuroMillions is a multi-national lottery played all over Europe. It is one of the biggest lotteries in Europe, and the weekly draw takes place in Paris on Tuesdays and Fridays. The game starts by choosing five numbers from 1-50 and two Lucky Star numbers from 1 – 12. A player wins the jackpot if they match all five main numbers along with the two lucky stars. There are thirteen prize tiers in total, and they are also rewarded for matching two or more main numbers.
Where to Buy the Tickets to EuroMillions Lottery?
You have to buy a ticket of the EuroMillions lottery to be eligible for the draw. The tickets are available online as well as at licensed stores.
To buy the tickets online, look for an online casino offering EuroMillions lottery and register for it. Remember to check for its authenticity by reading online reviews and seeing whether or not it is authorized by the UK Gambling Commission or Malta Gambling Authority.
Once you have registered with the casino, you will need to deposit an amount using your international debit/credit card or e-wallet like Skrill. After making the deposit, click on the button that says “EuroMillions” and then choose the number of lines you want to buy. Choose the draw day on which you would like to participate, and you’re good to go!
Note that each slip has seven lines. So, you can buy seven lines per slip for a EuroMillions lottery.
Cost of a EuroMillions Ticket
The cost of a standard EuroMillions ticket is Rs. £2.50 (Pound), €2.50 (Euro), or CHF 3.50 (Swiss Franc). This cost is on per line basis, where one line consists of seven numbers. You can play as many numbers of lines as you wish.
How to Play EuroMillions Lottery?
After paying for the respective lines, you have to choose five numbers from 1-50 and two extra numbers from 1-12. You can also choose your numbers by selecting the Quick Pick option, wherein the website chooses the five plus two random numbers automatically.
Once you have chosen your lucky numbers, select which draw you want to play – Tuesday or Saturday – and press submit. You will be taken to the CheckOut page, where you just have to confirm and proceed to play to be one step closer to becoming the lucky winner. The more numbers the numbers on your line match the draw correctly, the more money you win.
The winner of the jackpot is the one who matches all seven numbers in one line. The jackpot prize starts from €17 million and can go up to a whopping € 190 million.
EuroMillions Lottery Prize Structure
There are thirteen combinations for winning the EuroMillions lottery, as per the official website.
- Five Regular Numbers and Two Lucky Stars: Jackpot
- Five Regular Numbers and One Lucky Star: £227,848.80
- Five Regular Numbers and No Lucky Star: £23,586
- Four Regular Numbers and Two Lucky Stars: £2,307.30
- Four Regular Numbers and One Lucky Star: £123
- Four Regular Numbers and No Lucky Star: £43
- Three Regular Numbers and Two Lucky Stars: £78
- Three Regular Numbers and One Lucky Star: £10.70
- Three Regular Numbers and No Lucky Star: £9
- Two Regular Numbers and Two Lucky Stars: £14.20
- Two Regular Numbers and One Lucky Star: £6
- Two Regular Numbers and No Lucky Stars: £3.30
- One Regular Number and Two Lucky Stars: £7.60
Note: These numbers are likely to rise of the jackpot cap is attained.
It is worth noting that there is no prize for matching only two lucky stars.
The odds of winning of the above 13 levels are as follows:
- Jackpot Tier: 1:139,838,160
- 1st Tier: 1:6,991,908
- 2nd Tier: 1:3,107,515
- 3rd Tier: 1:621,503
- 4th Tier: 1:31,076
- 5th Tier: 1:14,126
- 6th Tier: 1:13,812
- 7th Tier: 1:986
- 8th Tier: 1:707
- 9th Tier: 1:314
- 10th Tier: 1:188
- 11th Tier: 1:50
- 12th Tier: 1:22
Also, if no one wins a jackpot, then it rolls over to the next draw. It will continue to roll over until the prize money reaches €185,000,000. The jackpot will remain for €185,000,000, and any additional prize money is rolled over to the jackpot pool of the next prize level (five regular numbers plus 1 one lucky star).
Claiming the Reward
If you win a prize, you will receive a text message on your registered mobile number and/or e-mail address, provided while registering your account on the online casino. The results are also displayed on the official website shortly after each draw takes place. If you do not receive a text and want to check the results, you can log on to the official website and see the list of winners there.
In case you win, the winning amount will be wired to your bank account. However, first the account details are verified, for which, you will be required to provide your proof of identity (PAN, Adhaar, etc.) and your address proof with the bank account details. Once these details are verified, you will get the money in your bank account. You can withdraw your winnings or use the amount for future ticket purchases.
Do’s & Don’ts for Playing the EuroMillions Lottery
While EuroMillions is an exciting game, sometimes, you might lose track and end up losing a lot of money. Here are some things that you should and should not do while playing the lottery.
- As there are so many participating countries with their own specific laws, the minimum age to participate may vary. You must confirm the eligibility requirements by checking your state and country laws on playing the EuroMillions lottery.
- Always ensure while playing with a store-bought ticket that all the entries are clearly marked legibly. Wrong entries may not be eligible to win prizes.
- The draws are held on every Tuesday and Friday night at 8.45 pm CET (12.15 am IST). You must place your bets latest by 8.30 pm CET (12.00 am IST) on the date of each draw.
- Always write your name and address on the back of your ticket after purchasing a EuroMillions ticket. However, you can always enjoy playing online, where losing a ticket is never an issue.
- You have to claim your prize within 180 days of the draw for all offline purchase. For all online purchases, the prize money is wired directly to your bank account, so you don’t have to worry about the 180-day deadline.
- Use Quick Pick. Mostly, people choose their own lucky numbers based on their birthdates, anniversaries, etc. However, these numbers are always smaller than 31. This decreases the chance of winnings as the numbers are now restricted from 1 to 31 only. Taking advantage of the Quick Pick option on the website will increase your chances of selecting unique numbers, which are not shared by other players.
- Double your jackpot! You can double your winnings when you click on an exclusive double jackpot feature when playing at an online casino. This feature entitles you to an instant win of double prize money for any given draw.
Can I play the EuroMillions lottery from India?
Yes, you can play EuroMillions lottery from India. As per Indian law, you must be over 18 years of age to be eligible for playing online lottery. There is no restriction to be a citizen of a specific country to take part in the lottery. Log on to a reliable online casino, register, make a deposit, and buy a ticket! It’s that simple.
What is a double jackpot feature?
The double jackpot feature enables you to winning twice the official lottery jackpot. It costs double the price of your normal line to activate this feature.
However, prizes for other tiers will remain the same.
Do I have to pay tax on the winning amount?
Yes, all lottery tickets winning amounts are taxable in India. You are liable to pay 30.9% of the total prize amount as your taxes. This tax is deducted directly at source (TDS), and the remaining money is transferred to the winner’s account.
What is the UK Millionaire Maker game?
If you have purchased a EuroMillions lottery ticket in the UK, then you are automatically eligible to enter the UK Millionaire Maker game. The game is played alongside a EuroMillions draw. In this game, players receive one unique code consisting of four letters and five numbers for each line they have purchased. After the main draw of EuroMillions, a raffle code is randomly selected, and the player whose ticket matches the code wins £1 million as prize money.
At what time do the ticket sales close for the EuroMillions lottery?
You can purchase the tickets before 7.30 pm CET (11 pm IST) on the date of the draw. The sale for the next set of tickets starts once the previous draw has closed along with the declaration of the winners.
When can I win a EuroMillions jackpot?
To win the EuroMillions jackpot, you need to match all the five numbers along with the two lucky stars. For the other tiers of the jackpot, check out the list above.
What is EuroMillions Superdraw?
A EuroMillions Superdraw guaranteed a jackpot of €130 million. It works in the same way as the other jackpot. It means that if nobody wins the EuroMillions Superdraw, it gets rolled over to the next draw. Such special draws have no schedules and can be organized any time in the year. Keep an eye on the announcement!