It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The Dubai Duty Free Millenium Millionaire lottery, commonly called the DDF lottery, was launched in 1999. You can play it both on-land, at the location of the draw, as well as online. It operates from Dubai International Airport and is one of the most played lotteries due to its high odds of winning – 1:5.000, which is probably the highest in the world. However, only 5,000 tickets are entered in each draw. But then, since there is no cap on the number of tickets a player can buy, you can buy as many as you can afford and increase your chances of winning.
Dubai Lottery – Different Jackpots and Ticket Costs
The Dubai Duty Free online lottery has three different raffles available with several different series running at the same time. Each ticket price is different depending on the raffle chosen. A player can increase their chances of winning by buying more tickets for the series they are willing to play.
The jackpots available in DDF lottery are:
- Millennium Millionaire – The tickets cost 1,000 AED if they are bought at Dubai Duty Free Airport. However, to purchase it online, you will also have to pay 50 AED extra as a 5% VAT on the base price.
Each series in Millennium Millionaire has a bundle of 5000 tickets. There is only one winner for each series with a jackpot prize of one million USD. The final draw is conducted once all 5,000 tickets have been sold.
- Surprise Car – The tickets for this jackpot cost 500 AED in-store, and 525 AED (5% VAT extra) online. Same as in the case of Millennium Millionaire, the jackpot has different series running at the same time. Each series has 1,300 – 2,300 tickets, depending on the brand of the car as the reward. There is only one winner for each series.
- Surprise Bike – The Surprise Bike raffle gives players an opportunity to win a brand new motorbike. The cost for each ticket is 100 AED if bought at Dubai International Airport. If you’re buying it online, an extra 5% VAT will be charged. Again, different series take place at the same time and sell out 1000 tickets each. There is only one winner for each series.
Where to Buy Tickets for Dubai Millennium Millionaire Lottery?
The DDF raffle tickets can be bought in-store at Dubai International Airport, Maktoum International Airport, Irish Village Shops, and FS counters at Jumeirah Beach, or online. For online purchases, log on to the official website of the Dubai Lottery and create an account by filling the form with the required information. Once your account is created, you can purchase the ticket online on the website. The ticket will be issued to the registered e-mail address.
How to Play the Dubai Lottery?
Once you’ve purchased the lottery ticket, wait for the D-Day (draw day). There’s nothing that you have to do apart from viewing the draw.
Each Dubai Lottery ticket carries a unique identification number. On the day of the draw, all the sold tickets with their unique numbers are pooled together. One of the tickets is drawn at random. If the number on the drawn ticket matches with that on yours, you win.
The draw usually takes place every 2-3 weeks, and the schedule of the draw is published in advance on the official website of DDF. If you win, you will get an e-mail/text message on the details you provided while creating the account on the Dubai Lottery website. You can also check the list of winners on the website or DDF’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram just after the draw takes place, and the results are announced.
Claiming the Prize
If you win, you will be invited to the Etihad Catering Office at Abu Dhabi International airport to claim your prize. In case you live in another country and cannot make it to the venue, you can request for a bank transfer of the cash reward. You have to provide the necessary documents to prove that you are the winner:
- A passport copy certified by the UAE embassy in your country
- Account number, bank address, sort code
- A letter from the bank that confirms your ownership of the account
- A signed letter by you, addressing the DFS (lottery operator), stating that you wish the cash to be transferred to your bank account
- A print out of your e-ticket if you bought it online or a copy of the winning ticket if you purchased it in-store
- Your contact details
Once your details are verified, the amount will be transferred to your bank account within 3-4 weeks.
However, in case you’ve won a motorbike or car, you will have to arrange their export by yourself and make any associated payments. The lottery operator will not be responsible for the transportation of any rewards. Also, you cannot exchange these rewards for an equivalent cash prize.
Tax Deduction for Indian Citizens
The lottery prize money is taxable in India as it is considered a form of individual income as per the Indian tax law. Section 194B of the Income Tax Act clearly states that the total tax percentage may range between 30.9% and 33.99%, depending on the size of the lottery prize. Generally, the prize money is credited to the winner’s account after the TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) deduction.
Top Five Reasons to Play the Dubai Lottery
Dubai Lottery is the easiest to play and is thus one of the most favorite lotteries of most players. Here are five reasons why you should give it a try, if you haven’t already.
- High odds of winning – 1 in 5000
- Tickets are easily available – online as well as in-store at Dubai International Airport
- Luxury dream cars and bikes as rewards
- Opportunity to choose the prize you want to play for
- Safe, secure, and easy to play
What is the cost of a Dubai Duty Free Lottery ticket?
The ticket price depends on the jackpot you want to play in the Dubai Duty Free Raffle. There are three categories:
- Millennium Millionaire, which costs 1000 AED for each ticket.
- Surprise Car, for which the ticket price is 500 AED.
- Surprise Bike, with 100 AED as the price for each ticket.
To buy online, you have to pay 5% extra as VAT on the basic price.
Where to buy DDF Tickets?
The tickets can be purchased online at the DDF official website or by visiting Dubai International Airport, Maktoum International Airport, Irish Village Shops, and FS counters at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
Can we pay by Debit / Credit Card?
Any bank-issued card that has access to online usage and an international transaction facility can be used for purchasing DDF tickets online. You may check with the card-issuing bank for the privilege and status of the card for international usage.
I am not traveling to Dubai, am I eligible to purchase the ticket?
It is not mandatory to travel to Dubai to take part in the Dubai Millennium Millionaire Lottery. All individuals are free to purchase the ticket online from the official website of DDF.
Dubai Duty Free promotions for Millennium Millionaire and the finest Surprise Cars / Bikes are open to all individuals local or international.
If I shop at the airport, am I entitled to get a raffle ticket for Millennium Millionaire and the Finest Surprise?
No, you are not entitled to get a raffle ticket if you shop at Dubai International Airport. Millennium Millionaire and the Finest Surprise tickets are separate transactions. You have to buy a DDF lottery ticket to be a part of the draw and being one step closer to becoming a millionaire.
What is the prize money for the DDF lottery?
The jackpot is a cash prize of one million USD for the Millennium Millionaire raffle. Whereas, for Surprise Car raffle, the luxury car brands include Mercedes Benz, Bentley, BMW, Range Rovers, etc. The Finest Surprise Bike raffles entitle you to win a Moto Guzzi, Aprilia Tuono, Moto Guzzi Milano, etc.
Can I buy Dubai Lottery from India?
Any Indian citizen who is at least 18 years of age is entitled to play the Dubai lottery. You can purchase tickets on your phone or computer via the official website of DDF.
Can I transfer the prize money in my Indian bank account without any hassle?
Any Indian citizen can play and win the prize money and is free to transfer the money in his bank account. But the prize money will be considered as an individual income. An income tax is levied on the total prize as per the Indian tax law. This ranges from 30.9% to 33.99%, depending on the amount of the prize.